Colquhoun’s are committed to the environment and are always trying to optimize our products to not only comply with regulations but to ensure that they use the least amount of ingredients required to produce a quality product. Nearly all of the items that we sell are recyclable and many are biodegradable as well.
The following is a list of our items and their recyclability marks:
- Woven Polypropylene Bags – Number 5. 100% Recyclable
- Bulk Bags – Number 5. 100% Recyclable
- Onion Nets – Number 5. 100% Recyclable
- Calico Bags – 100% recyclable. 100% biodegradable
- Jute & Hessian Products – 100% recyclable. 100% Biodegradable
- Non Woven Polypropylene – Number 5. 100% Recyclable
- Gravure Printed Woven Polypropylene Bags – Number 5. 100% Recyclable
- Stretch Wrap Polyethylene – Number 2. 100% Recyclable
- Low Density Polyethylene Bags – Number 4. 100% Recyclable
- Paper Bags / Paper & Cardboard Products – 100% Recyclable. 100% Biodegradable
Colquhoun’s have recently started working towards a product stewardship programme and have partnered with a recycling company to achieve this. Our aim is to have Woven Polypropylene packaging collected, sorted and graded before getting into landfill. The used packaging, once collected will then be reprocessed and turned back into polypropylene resin which is the raw material that the bags and packaging are made from. This PP resin will be used to create new products, ensuring that there is a full closed loop on this programme. We are committed to making this work and more news will be coming shortly on this exciting project. If like many of our customers you have been approached by the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation (APCO) to join them, this programme will allow you to concentrate on an industry led, voluntary system that will satisfy the requirements that the APCO want without having to join the organisation. If you would like more information on this topic please give us a call.